10:14:47 AM | 6/5/2006
To realise the target of receiving two million visitors by 2010, inclusive of one million internationals and turn Hue City into an attractive, friendly and safe destination in a couple of years, the tourism sector of Thua Thien Hue Province will focus efforts on carrying out the following solutions:
- Concentrating on the development of infrastructure system in major destinations, especially the national tourism complex zone of Lang Co - Bach Ma - Canh Duong; encouraging the development of accommodation, particularly luxury hotels; speeding up the construction of recreation zones like Thuy Tien, Thien An and Ngu Binh Mountain
- Focusing on strengthening, improving tourism quality and diversifying tourism products in coordination with maintaining, restoring and protecting natural resources and the environment; accelerating the development of eco-tourism, sea tourism; continuing to restore and embellish cultural relics in Hue; restoring and developing folk cultural rites and royal arts to serve tourism purposes; and in particular, preparing for the organisation of routine festivals, Trans-Asian travels via A Luoi International Border Gate
- Advertising and promoting tourism by various communication means like mass media; applying information technology in operating and managing tourism. An internet-based electronic interaction centre is being built to support the above missions
- Cooperating with universities to train, retrain and fostering tourism staff, especially tourist guides, not only for travel firms but homestay units; speeding up the diversification of international relations on the basis of mutual benefits with traditional markets like Europe and Japan, and expansion to China, Taiwan and ASEAN member countries; calling on ocean liners to carry tourists via Chan May Port
- Quickening the development of the Thua Thien Hue tourism sector by upholding internal forces; reshuffling tourism firms in the form of parent-daughter company; encouraging and supporting travel firms to develop international travel, set up branches and representative offices at home and abroad to advertise the tourism image of attractive and safe Thua Thien Hue
To achieve the above targets, the tourism sector of Thua Thien Hue wishes to have investment and consulting support from agencies, organisations and branches from the central to grassroots levels. The State should issue architecture and construction regulations to ensure urban views at the present and in the future. It should also speed up the construction of infrastructure at focal national tourist sites.
In addition, the easy-going visa granting mechanism for tourists and permission for Chinese tourists to go sightseeing in central provinces will add more momentum to exploit tourism potential in the coming time.